The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19,
for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme,
has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding,studying courses from 6 subject groups
- develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service
Why choose the IB
The IB Diploma is a very well established and highly regarded international qualification and students are choosing to study for the IB rather than other qualifications.
With the IB Diploma students are accepted at the best universities and colleges worldwide. The depth and breadth of the Diploma enables students to offer that bit extra not only at higher education institutes but also within future careers.
- The IB is a two-year programme for students aged 15 and above preparing for university entry.
- As an international qualification students can follow university or career options within a global market.
- Education research and reports show that the makeup of the Diploma develops a well rounded individual with challenging views.